Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Out of the Box

My mom said to me on a recent visit, "I wish I were creative like you."

I know for a fact that my mother is creative -- I've seen evidence of it in her home. And I believe everyone is creative naturally, but some people just don't know how to access that creativity.

So I decided to give my mom some tools to jump-start her creativity and I concocted a gift for her:


A Creativity Toolbox


I put a quote in the bottom of the box by Wassily Kandinsky:
There is no must in art because art is free.


I raided my own stash of supplies for sequins, embroidery thread, and other embellishments. I added new paints, brushes and a palette tray.


I picked out some fun and pretty papers:


And then I made her a guidebook.


I threw in some more quotes from famous artists and added some tips on how to be creative:


And I made up some "rules."



I don't know if she'll ever use it, but I think she really liked it.

No comments: