Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Rain

I posted a comment, I think here, a while back, that we don't have rainy days here in Virginia, in the gray-ish, drizzling, sort-of-gloomy and sort-of-cozy, sense of rainy. It's been my experience that it pours here in sudden outbursts, and that's it. Ever since I posted that comment, the weather has done its best to prove me oh-so-wrong.

Today is a gray-ish, drizzling, sort-of-gloomy and sort-of-cozy rainy day, and I have just made a delicious cup of hot chocolate to celebrate that fact. Since I am too impatient today to wait for my favorite online book source, I just went to my local large bookstore, where I recently caved in and bought a membership card (since I used to work there, the membership benefits seem paltry compared to the employee discount, but since I no longer work there, since I don't know any good independent bookstores around here, and since my beloved local library lacks in one area -- up-to-date computer books, I knew I would get my money's worth out of the card), and purchased Photoshop 7 All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies. I am very excited about this book, because, while I've always been an intuitive, figure-it-out kind of girl when it comes to computers, I don't find that Photoshop is intuitive. At least not for me. I've figured out the basics, but nothing complicated, and I am itching to know more.

So I will drink my hot chocolate and play around with photos all day. What a delightful way to spend a rainy day.

No comments: