Saturday, September 02, 2006

WIP


Here's some more texture, in the hill. I like this painting a lot so far. I want to add something, to the hill, but I'm not quite sure what yet. So it's sitting on the painting table, hanging out with other works in progress.

This is one of the few times I've worked with an actual stretched canvas, as opposed to canvas panel. I really like canvas panels, for their versatility, and ease of use (they're easy to paint flat without an easel, in my opinion, and I like working flat), and I can hang them very easily without framing. I'm also a little intimidated by all the weird things that it seems can happen to stretched canvas as you paint. But it is a luxurious surface on which to paint. I don't know why this is exactly, but the brushes flowed over the canvas like silk. It must be the give.

No comments: