Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming


This is a gift for someone, actually. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but now I think it will be a birthday gift. It was "almost" done in December, but it took me until this week to actually finish it. I think, perhaps, I'm having a little trouble giving it up.

As for the sketch below, it's one of many I did last night while watching television. Actually at this point, I was watching a PBS show about Catherine the Great (cheeky girl, she was), and no, I have no idea if this costume is at all like what she actually wore in 18th century Russia, or what she looked like in reality. It was merely inspired by the program. I am working on sketching without thinking, drawing without planning, painting without hesitation. I am working on quantity now and will worry about quality later. All those books on creativity might finally be working.

No comments: